Nature’s Harvest Bread has collaborated with Disney to celebrate the movie “Finding Dory” with delicious and nutritious recipes, created by Registered Dietician, Heidi Diller.
The objective of these recipes are to get families to eat more whole grains in a fun and exciting way as every variety of Nature’s Harvest Bread is loaded with at least 8 grams of whole grains per serving, no high fructose corn syrup and no artificial flavors or colors.
Cheesy Egg Breakfast Boats
4 slices Nature’s Harvest Stone Ground 100% Whole Wheat Bread
Nonstick cooking spray
2 tbsp. shredded low fat cheddar cheese
8 spinach leaves
2 slices turkey bacon
Fresh chives chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray 4 regular size muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut crusts off 4 slices of Nature’s Harvest bread and firmly press one slice into each muffin cup.
- Wrap 2 slices turkey bacon in a paper towel and microwave for 1 minute to cook halfway; cut each slice in half.
- Top each bread cup with 2 spinach leaves, equal parts shredded low fat cheddar cheese and 1/2 bacon making sure to press everything down firmly.
- Crack one egg into each muffin cup, and sprinkle with a pinch of kosher salt. Bake for 20 minutes until each egg white is set.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with fresh chives.
Tip: Remove boats from muffin tin while still warm to prevent sticking.