The state Department of Health is now releasing scaled-down COVID-19 reports once per week.
Vaccine update as of Friday:
• Number of people in Marion County with at least one dose of a vaccine: 162,722.
• Change in past seven days: +2,019
• Percentage of Marion residents ages 12 and older with at least one vaccine dose: 50%
Case update as of Friday:
• Total cases in Marion: 32,123
• Change in past seven days: +97
• Seven-day positivity rate: 3.4%, up from 2.3% on June 17.
Florida Department of Health in Marion County:
Register at https://tinyurl.com/MarionCOVIDvax or call 644-2590.
The department is administering vaccinations throughout June at its main office, 1801 SE 32nd Ave., Ocala, between 3 and 6 p.m. on Mondays and Tuesdays. Appointments preferred, but walk-ups are available.
Starting in July, vaccinations at the Ocala office will be by appointment only.
Florida Department of Health in Marion County special vaccination events:
+ Thursdays, July 1, 8 and 15:
9:30-11:30 a.m., Hog Valley Civic Center (23125 NE 160th Ave. Road, Fort McCoy)
1:30-3:30 p.m., First Baptist Church of Fort McCoy (11350 E. County Road 316, Fort McCoy.
+ Fridays, July 2, 9 and 16:
9:30-11:30 a.m., Silver Springs Shores Presbyterian Church (674 Silver Road, Ocala)
1:30-3:30 p.m., Starting Point Church (1990 SE County Road 42, Summerfield.)