Arts and crafts ideas, with instructions for a toddler using only cardboard boxes, plastic bottles, paper and string.
Here are three different arts and crafts ideas that a toddler can make using only cardboard boxes, plastic bottles, paper, and string:
- Cardboard Box House: Instructions:
- Take a large cardboard box and cut off the top flaps.
- Cut windows and a door in the sides of the box.
- Cover the entire box with white paper, using glue to secure it in place.
- Cut out colorful paper to make curtains for the windows and a welcome mat for the door.
- Use string to make a handle for the door and to hang the curtains.
- Plastic Bottle Fish: Instructions:
- Take a plastic bottle and remove the label.
- Paint the bottle with water-resistant paint to create the fish’s body.
- Cut out a fin and a tail from paper, and glue them to the bottle.
- Use string to make an eye for the fish by tying a knot in one end and gluing the other end to the bottle.
- Cardboard Tube Train: Instructions:
- Take several cardboard tubes (toilet paper or paper towel tubes work well) and paint them to look like train cars.
- Cut out a rectangular piece of cardboard to make the train’s engine.
- Glue the tubes and the engine together to form the train.
- Cut out paper to make a smokestack and a caboose and glue them to the train.
- Use string to make a handle for the train by tying it to the front of the engine.