WakeMed has opened COVID-19 vaccine appointments to adolescents age 12 to 15, in addition to teens and adults age 16+ after the amendment to the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine emergency use authorization (EUA) for 12- to 15-year-olds was approved by the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) and the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CHD).
WakeMed’s Andrews Center Vaccine Clinic providers are administering the two-dose Pfizer vaccine and welcomes everyone age 12+.
Scheduling Vaccine Appointments
- WakeMed Patients Age 12+ — Please use WakeMed MyChart to make appointments for your children. Click here if you need to set up a MyChart account for your children. Each of them will need one. Adult WakeMed patients should also schedule through their MyChart accounts.
- Children Who Are Not Affiliated with a WakeMed Practice — Click here to set up a MyChart account for your child. Your child does not need to be a WakeMed patient.
- Telephone Scheduling – If one of the above scheduling options is not possible, please call WakeMed at 919-350-9511.
Walk-ins are welcome in the clinic but appointments are preferred. Walk-ins can expect long wait times.
NOTE: WakeMed does require parental, guardian or legal custodian consent before vaccinating people under 16 years old. The parent, guardian or legal custodian can complete the consent several ways:
- In MyChart when making the child’s appointment
- In person when accompanying the child to the vaccine clinic
- By printing and completing the consent and having the child bring it with them to the clinic.
- If a person under age 16 presents without appropriate consent, we will attempt to call the child’s parent, guardian or legal custodian. If consent cannot be obtained, the child will not be able to receive the vaccine from WakeMed at that time. The Wake County Health Department, which is steps away from the Andrews Center, will also be administering vaccine. Our staff may direct adolescents there as appropriate.
REMINDER: Adults who haven’t had their vaccine yet are welcome to get it at the same time as their children.
Parents will be able to make second-dose appointments for their children while at the vaccine clinic.
Clinic Address & Parking
The Andrews Conference Center is located on the WakeMed Raleigh Campus across from the Emergency Department at 3024 New Bern Avenue. Clinic hours are Wednesdays & Thursdays – 7 am to 6:30 pm and Fridays & Saturdays – 6:30 am to 2 pm.
VACCINE CLINIC PARKING: If your children’s appointments are between 8 am and 5 pm, please park in the P4 parking deck, enter WakeMed at Patient Registration, and follow the signs to the clinic. If your children’s appointments are before 8 am, after 5 pm or on a Saturday, feel free to use the underground parking at the Andrews Conference Center and take the elevator to the Ground Floor.