Girl who died after eating takeaway Meal

0
847
Girl who died after eating takeaway Meal
Girl who died after eating takeaway Meal

A takeaway owner accused of manslaughter after a 15-year-old girl ate a meal from his restaurant and then died following a nut allergy reaction has pleaded guilty to food safety offences.

Megan Lee, from Oswaldtwistle, Lancashire, had eaten food from the Royal Spice Takeaway in her home town on December 30, 2016.

READ  Stranger Things 2: Who is Kali and what does she mean for the show? (Report)

She suffered a fatal asthma attack and died in hospital two days later.

Mohammed Abdul Kuddus, 40, and Harun Rashid, 38, will go on trial at Manchester Crown Court accused of the manslaughter of the teenager.

Earlier on Thursday, Kuddus, of Belper Street, Blackburn, pleaded guilty to a count of failing to discharge a general duty of employers, contrary to the Health and Safety at Work Act, and another count of failing to put in place, implement and maintain a permanent procedure or procedures in contravention of European Union food safety regulations.

READ  Boy posts letter to "dad in heaven", postman sends uplifting response

He also entered guilty pleas to the same offences on behalf of Royal Spice Takeaway Limited, trading as Royal Spice Takeaway.

READ  Day care worker arrested after allegedly slapping toddler, police say (Report)

His co-defendant, fellow Bangladeshi national Rashid, of Rudd Street, Haslingden, pleaded not guilty to those charges.

Both deny manslaughter.

The trial, which is expected to begin later on Thursday, is estimated to last up to four weeks.

LEAVE A REPLY